13 October 2006

Great Vegetarian Restaurant














Go Go Go to GOBO! goborestaurant.com
I'm still dreamy from my 1st dining experience at GOBO in NYC. Mom and I just had a late lunch at their upper east side address. At first I thought we were entering a spa. Gladly it was GOBO. Parched and hungry we ordered some, smart, slirpy tonics. A little pricey @ $7 but they did help our brains decide what to eat. "mind over muddle" raspberries, plums and herbs for mom, "depth recharger" berries, wolfberry and ginseng for me. Googling wolfberry A.K.A. Goji Berry is believed to enhance the immune system. Wanting to try the whole harvest we ordered and shared 4 items off the dinner menu. Trusting the server we started out with "TOMATO SOUP w. black olives" made with yummy, ready heirlooms and the surprising chunks of perfectly cured olives. Stomach now on full growl, "5 SPICE TOFU ROLLS w. mango puree". Loved, loved, loved, the sweet & spicy zing just wished the roll was hot, seeing it was fried and all. Mom dared to try the "CHOPPED ROMAINE SALAD w. smoked tofu & almonds". We wished there was more of the tofu slivers but the fresh, tasty dressing with ginger and soy made me want to lick the plate, but being with mom and all, I did not. Beauty of the beet I would call the "RUBY BEET SALAD w. baby green beans in grain mustard." Snappy beans, flavored so subtly spicy and surrounded by plenty of big sexy beet quarters.
At GOBO it is as if everything on the menu is straight from the farm. Sadly we were too full for dessert but I will no doubt, be back for that "MULTI-LAYERED CHOCOLATE CAKE dusted w. green tea" as soon as I possibly can. Thank YOU GOBO. You are a GEM! -photo by MOM of Darryn Wu (Owner) and Rachel@veryveggie.com (Me) Eat More Veggies @ GOBO!