11 March 2009

Roasted Red Pepper & Cashew Vegan Pizza @ Fiore's in Jamaica Plain


I have been very good about not eating out lately. Until today. 11 o'clock and desperate for lunch already? I packed my daughters lunch and dropped her off for a play day but forgot all about me. Luckily there was Fiore's. Just a little something, I knew they had some schweet vegan treats. Treat indeed. Roasted Red Pepper Cashew vegan homemade pizza? Talk dirty. Yes this goodie is something we veggies get excited about when we see it on the specials board. Especially when it's damn tasty cheesy goodness. I gave it a try and the protein packed snack is just what I needed. It was as if I had made it but better, because it was instantly in front of me, warmed. The banana vegan cupcake,would have been better if it had 1/2 the icing, twice the banana and I had waited like an hour after my lovely slice to eat it.
If you're in the hood, headed to Harvest or on your way to Forest Hills via the #39, stop by Fiore's Italian Bakery 55 South Street JP 617-524-9200. Their selection is not to be believed. For 3 bucks I didn't even have to break out any plastic. Although I wish they would use dishes instead of disposable plates and plastic ware. Can't have my vegan cake and eat it too, wait I can, here. Yesss. Offering up but not exclusively, Vegetarian or Vegan Sandwiches, Pizza, Soup, Cookies, Cakes, Pies, Pastries and they even have gluten free if you likey. As I said before, schweet.